Intern Experience- Vedant Basu


Intern Experiences Summer 2018

University of Bonn, Germany

Vedant Basu

Process of securing the intern:

DAAD via Apping

What was I working on?

I was studying detectors used across experiments such as the CAST Axion Helioscope at CERN. I worked specifically on the design of a readout system for the Timepix3 pixel detector chip, which also taught me about the operation and characterisation of gaseous detectors.

Courses that helped me:

Experimental Nuclear and Particle Physics

What did I learn during the internship?

I learned about ongoing and future work on experiments searching for BSM physics, such as direct detection of dark matter.

Places I visited:

I had a lot of fun exploring the trails around Bonn and Cologne 

Contact details: 

vedant8basu@gmail.com

Comments