Intern Experiences-Saipriya Satyajit

Intern Experiences Summer 2018

Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahbad

Saipriya Satyajit

Process of securing the intern:

I mailed the professor (Apping)

What was I working on?

I was working on trade off relations between coherence of a quantum state undergoing an efficient measurement process and the information gain from that dynamic evolution using entropic measure for coherence and Groenewold’s definition of information gain.

Workload:

There was no fixed hours of work as such. It was very flexible and was upto me, I tried to work 7-8 hrs daily. No hardware requirements were needed. Tools used were IBMq's cloub based quantum computer, and qiskit to access the 16 qubit quantum computer.

Courses that helped me:

QIC, QM1, Linear Algebra

What did I learn during the internship?

Got a very good introduction to theoretical research and resource theories.

Places I went to: 

Well, not many places. Occasionally went for dinner and gaming evening couple of times to Allahabad city.

What did you expect from the internship before starting? Did your expectation change? If yes, how?

Honestly I was expecting the internship to be a little less interactive as the prof. AK Pati is quite busy most of the time and was looking forward to may be work with a P.H.D or Post Doc but surprisingly the professor gave us more time than I expected so that was one good thing.
I was expecting to learn a lot of things and if possible contribute a little to his work, sadly the second part was not up to as much I had thought but first part was greatly satisfied.

Contact Details:

saimp1964@gmail.com / 8637228151

Comments